Our Farm's CSA
Community Supported Agriculture or CSAs are a way for people to become more engaged with where their food comes from. It also helps farm sustainability. Payments made to the farm in the winter and spring help us pay for seeds, labor, and other costs during the beginning of the growing season. In return, CSA members are ensured a share of the harvest during the season at a reduced cost.
Our CSA gets first priority when we distribute our food. If we have a limited supply or harvest we always save it for the CSA!
We offer other benefits to joining the CSA too. Learn more about our CSA below!
How It works
We offer vegetable, egg and meat shares year-round during two CSA share seasons. We have two main types of shares (depending on pick up location):
Free Choice Shares – choose your produce from our weekly selection at the store or market.
- Summer, Fall & Winter Pick Ups: Our Farm Store in Raynham, MA
- Summer Pick Ups: Farmers' Markets we attend - our summer markets are posted here!
- Winter Pick Ups: Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers’ Market & Somerville Winter Farmers' Market
Pre-Packed Shares – a varied selection of our seasonal produce delivered each week.
- Summer & Fall Pick Ups: Somerville, MA
- Summer Pick Ups: Newton, MA, Attleboro, Ma & Warren, RI
Full – 10 items* per week
Half – 5 items* per week
Our box share is offered in one size and includes 7-8 items* per week
*Vegetable Share Examples:
- Spring/Summer: 1 head of lettuce, 1 bunch of beets, 1 lb of tomatoes, 1 melon, 1 bunch of kale
- Fall/Winter: 1 lb of potatoes, 1 bag of spinach, 1 head of celery, 1 butternut squash, 1 head garlic
We also offer our farm crafted and grown value-added products for vegetable shares and farm honey!
1 dozen heritage, soy-free eggs per week
Note: We are sold out of egg shares for Fall 2017. Sign up for the winter CSA to reserve your share -
Members pick up their share* every week from our selection of pasture-raised meat.
*Meat Share Examples:
- 3 lbs of pork / beef (bacon, chops, sausage, steaks, ground, etc.)
- 1 whole poulet-rouge chicken
- 2 lbs of lamb / goat (ribs, sausage, chops, roasts, shanks, etc.)
- 2 heritage hens /roosters (available seasonally)
We also offer our own pasture-raised bone broth, chicken stock and pork noodle broth for CSA shares!
CSA Member Benefits
Each year we work to offer new things to CSA members. Our summer vegetable CSA members get free access to our pick-your-own (PYO) section on the farm which includes: diverse culinary herbs, heirloom cherry tomatoes, husk cherries, snap/sugar shell peas, green beans, edamame, hot peppers, paste tomatoes, medicinal/tea herbs, cut flowers and strawberries.
We also offer workshops during the summer season and these are free for CSA members!
These benefits are in addition to the best of our produce and discount on our products that come with buying a share.
2017-2018 CSA Season Dates & Deadlines
Farm Store Pick Up:
January 5th – April 28th, 2018 (17 weeks)
Pawtucket Market Dates:
November 4th, 2017 - April 28th, 2018 (26 weeks)
Somerville Market Dates:
Full Season: December 2nd, 2017 - April 14th, 2018 (20 weeks)
Deep Winter Share: January 6th - April 14th, 2018 (15 weeks)
> Sign up by December 16th!
Note: pick up days/dates vary slightly by pick up location during all seasons.
2018 Summer CSA
Shares starts mid-may! Early Bird sign ups will be availble in Winter 2018.