Our Farm's CSA
Community Supported Agriculture or CSAs are a way for people to become more engaged with where their food comes from. It also helps farm sustainability. Payments made to the farm in the winter and spring help us pay for seeds, labor, and other costs during the beginning of the growing season. In return, CSA members are ensured a share of the harvest during the season at a reduced cost.
Our CSA gets first priority when we distribute our food. If we have a limited supply or harvest we always save it for the CSA!
We offer other benefits to joining the CSA too. Learn more about our CSA below!
How It works
We offer vegetable, egg and meat shares year-round during two CSA share seasons. We have two main types of shares (depending on pick up location):
Free Choice Shares – choose your produce from our weekly selection at the store or market.
- Summer & Fall Pick Ups: Our Farm Store in Raynham, MA
- Summer Pick Ups: Farmers' Markets we attend - our summer markets are posted here!
- Winter Pick Ups: Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers’ Market
Pre-Packed Shares – a varied selection of our seasonal produce delivered each week.
- Summer Pick Ups: Somerville, MA
- Summer Pick Ups: Newton / West Newton, MA*
- Summer Pick Ups: Warren, RI*
- Summer Pick Ups: Attleboro, MA**
*New pick ups for summer 2017!
*This is a new pick up and we are trying to see how much interest there is. If you'd like to pick up in Attleboro - sign up here! Payment isn't due until April 30th.
Full – 10 items* per week
Half – 5 items* per week
Somerville pick up share is offered in one size and includes 7-8 items* per week
*Vegetable Share Examples:
- Spring/Summer: 1 head of lettuce, 1 bunch of beets, 1 lb of tomatoes, 1 melon, 1 bunch of kale
- Fall/Winter: 1 lb of potatoes, 1 bag of spinach, 1 head of celery, 1 butternut squash, 1 head garlic
We also offer our farm crafted and grown value-added products for vegetable shares and farm honey!
1 dozen heritage, soy-free eggs per week
Members pick up their share* every week from our selection of pasture-raised meat.
*Meat Share Examples:
- 3 lbs of pork / beef (bacon, chops, sausage, steaks, ground, etc.)
- 1 whole poulet-rouge chicken
- 2 lbs of lamb / goat (ribs, sausage, chops, roasts, shanks, etc.)
- 2 heritage hens /roosters (available seasonally)
We also offer our own pasture-raised bone broth, chicken stock and pork noodle broth for CSA shares!
CSA Member Benefits
Each year we work to offer new things to CSA members. Our summer vegetable CSA members get free access to our pick-your-own (PYO) section on the farm which includes: diverse culinary herbs, heirloom cherry tomatoes, husk cherries, snap/sugar shell peas, green beans, edamame, hot peppers, paste tomatoes, medicinal/tea herbs, cut flowers and strawberries.
We also offer workshops during the summer season and these are free for CSA members! More info on 2017 events to come!
These benefits are in addition to the best of our produce and discount on our products that come with buying a share.
2017 CSA Season Dates & Deadlines
May 17th – October 30th (24 weeks)
> All sign ups are due by:
- April 30th (All off-farm pick ups)
- May 15th (Raynham Farm Pick Up)
Payment Plan Option:
Pay half by February 25th and the rest by April 30th (All off-farm pick ups) / May 15th (Raynham).
November 1st – December 23rd, 2017 (8 weeks)
> All sign ups are due by October 28th
Note: pick up days/dates vary slightly by pick up location during all seasons.